Friday, June 14, 2013

Back to the Blog

This week, and for the next two, I am participating in the Swamp Fox Writing Project’s Summer Institute (SI). I first attended the SI in 2009 and quickly fell in love with the whole idea of that National Writing Project and what it does for teachers…and for students. This year, my dear college friend, Rachel, is also attending the program, and the other day, when we were asked to write in response to a prompt about what kind of writer we would be if we could write anything in the world, Rachel talked about her desire to be a blogger.

She and I have both had blogs at different times in our lives, but neither of us has maintained them with any lasting consistency. So I am revisiting the blog and attempting to get over the fact that I feel like a blog has to be perfectly written and life-changing before I click “post.” It doesn’t. I’m learning…and slowly accepting…that.

So I’m back…again.

No comments:

Post a Comment